Events Coordinator Position Description
ITI hosts a wide variety of events each year ranging from major technology showcases and symposiums, to multi-day board and committee meetings, networking events with members of Congress and the administration, as well as intimate dinners and meet and greets. In this newly created position we are looking for an individual who can bring strong organization and event management skills along with a positive attitude to create an internal center of gravity for ITI’s events.
- Strong meeting planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage administration and logistics in support of approximately 50 - 100 meetings per year.
- Must be able to anticipate meeting needs and meet deadlines with little supervision. Evening work and travel will occasionally be required.
- The ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities from different teams within the organization.
- A love for event management, a commitment to provide outstanding customer service and building strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a resource for staff and evaluate event needs in order to provide high quality recommendations for execution. This includes making space and site recommendations and providing additional planning resources.
- Maintain a calendar of major upcoming events and their relative budgets
- Overall event management and logistics including, but not limited to:
i. Assist with RSVP and registration management;
ii. event space identification;
iii. food and beverage;
iv. ensure all multimedia and audio visual needs are met;
v. assist with travel arrangements and transportation for staff and VIP guests;
vi. development of event materials including signage, nametags, materials, SWAG bags, etc.
vii. on-site oversight to ensure excellence in execution
- Manage event vendors including the negotiation of business terms to ensure meetings are conducted on or under budget.
- Support other member relations and marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience planning meetings, conferences, and a wide variety of events
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience managing events within a budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments from a variety of staff
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in-person and by telephone, with a focus on professionalism
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
Salary Range: $65,000+ commensurate with experience
- Candidates should submit a resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Events Coordinator Position”
- Deadline for submissions is July 30, 2014