About - Careers - Director, Government Affairs (House)
Director, Government Affairs (House)
The Director of Government Affairs (House) will serve as one of ITI’s representatives and advocates for the U.S. Congress and relevant U.S. executive branch agencies, and will have chief responsibility for engagement with the U.S. House of Representatives, with an emphasis on Members of the House Democratic Caucus. The Director will assist the Government Affairs team and ITI member companies in strategizing, planning, and executing a comprehensive government relations program, which will involve:
- Continuing and expanding relationships at the most senior levels of the legislative branch and relevant executive branch offices;
- Advancing ITI’s policy priorities through appropriate legislation and/or regulatory measures; and
- Supporting ITI and its member companies in the sector’s political engagement.
REPORTING Structure The Director of Government Affairs (House) reports to the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and will assist the ITI leadership team as needed
LOCATION Washington, DC
RESPONSIBILITIES The Director of Government Affairs (House) will exercise independent professional judgment to:
- Build and support the participation, value, and effective functioning of key ITI policy issues areas, including a combination of the following: telecommunications, cybersecurity, energy and environment, and the Internet of Things (IoT);
- Identify major policy issues that could affect the membership, and advance positions and strategies to effectively deal with them;
- Develop and enhance strong working relationships with member companies and their Washington government affairs representatives;
- Broaden and deepen relations with Congress, particularly with House Democrats, to win support for the industry, establish political connections, and execute on the industry’s specific policy issues;
- Serve as a spokesperson for ITI members and industry leader in building relationships with other organizations, constituencies, and coalitions whose interests coincide with those of ITI; and
- Actively participate in ITI member company recruiting activities; and
- Assist in running ITI’s political program.