About - Careers - Government Relations Spring 2018 Fellowship
Government Relations Spring 2018 Fellowship
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier voice, advocate, and thought leader for the global information and communications technology (ICT) industry. Our member companies include the world’s leading innovation companies, with headquarters worldwide and business networks distributed around the globe. We advocate on behalf of our members for policy and regulatory environments that enable innovation and maximize all of the benefits that ICT companies provide, including economic growth; job creation; and the tools to solve the world’s most pressing social, economic, and environmental challenges.
ITI is looking for a motivated candidate familiar with public policy, government relations and legislative processes, and ICT policy to support members of ITI’s Government Relations (GR) team as a GR fellow. The fellow will perform the below duties as a key member of the ITI team, working closely will all staff, and will report to Andy Halataei (Senior Vice President, Government Relations).
You will be paid at an hourly rate of $15/hour, subject to lawful withholdings and deductions, working for a maximum of 30 hours per week. The total duration of this fellowship will be five months (January 2018 – May 2018).
- Monitoring legislative and policy proposals on Capitol Hill and the administration;
- Analyzing issues and forming recommendations for action;
- Drafting fact sheets, position papers, letters, and other written materials for policymakers;
- Assisting in the drafting of strategic recommendations for ITI members;
- Composing regulatory alerts for ITI members; and,
- Compile data and other research-intensive projects.
- Currently enrolled in graduate degree program
- Knowledge of or interest in technology policy
- Diligent attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Expert computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Expert written and oral communication skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Evi Fuelle (email@example.com) by December 13, 2018.