As Director for Global Policy, Maria Medrano leads ITI’s work in Latin America and supports the work of ITI’s Trade Policy Committee.
Before joining ITI, Maria served as Director, Americas at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and as Executive Director of the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA). In that capacity, she was responsible for the development and implementation of key policy positions on a wide range of trade and investment issues between the United States and Latin America and the Caribbean. Previously, Maria worked for the Communications and Society Program at the Aspen Institute.
Medrano has an M.A. in European and Eurasian Studies from The George Washington University and a B.A. in History and Political Science from the University of Florida. She is fluent in Spanish, has a working knowledge of French and Italian, and is well-versed in trade policy.
ITI Blog articles by Maria Medrano
- Two Presidents Talk One Big Trade Deal (05/03/2013)
- The Vice President in Europe: Trade a Top Priority (02/01/2013)
- Trans-Pacific Partnership on President Obama’s Asian Trip Agenda (11/15/2012)
- Bringing Brazil to the Valley (07/16/2012)
- New Partners at the TPP Table (06/18/2012)