As the House of Representatives debates cybersecurity legislation, this ITI briefing book is your one-stop-shop for resources to help explain the issues, to learn what is involved in information sharing, and to debunk some of the commonly held myths about the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA).
We'll update this page throughout the week with new materials. And let us know if there is something more that you'd find helpful. Our email is email@example.com.
- Curtain-raiser blog on the four cybersecurity bills in the House (4/16/13)
- ITI tells House leadership that CISPA may be a key vote for the tech sector (4/16/13)
- Text of the ITI key-vote letter to the House bipartisan leadership (4/16/13)
- CISPA Primary Message Points (4/14/13)
- Our new infographic paints a clear picture of how CISPA's enhanced information sharing approach would protect individuals and the country. (4/17/13)
- "Information Sharing 101" summary chart explains what information is important to be shared for cybersecurity. (4/14/13)
- With input from security experts, we offer greater detail about the kind of information that is important to be shared to enhance U.S. cybersecurity. (4/14/13)
- With the provisions in the base bill and the amendments added in committee, CISPA ensures that information sharing is focused on cybersecurity. (4/15/13)
- Our summary table outlines the Intelligence Committee's privacy protection additions, building on the safeguards included in the base bill. (4/15/13)
- CISPA has significant personal privacy protections to ensure that Americans receive enhanced cybersecurity as well as individual security. (4/14/13)
Debunking the Myths
- This point-by-point rebuttal focuses on some of the common arguments against CISPA. (4/14/13)