Cybersecurity Forum 2017
Thursday, October 19th
1:30 – 5 p.m.
Reception to Follow
5 – 7 p.m.
555 Thirteenth Street, NW
1:30 – 2 p.m. | Registration | Click Here
2:00 – 2:10 p.m. | Opening Remarks
Andy Halataei, Trey Hodgkins, Josh Kallmer, SVP, ITI (TBD)
Harriet Pearson, Partner, Privacy, & Cybersecurity, Hogan Lovells
2:10 – 2:55 p.m. | Panel Discussion: The State of Cybersecurity
Senior government officials will discuss the Administration’s approach to cybersecurity from the Cybersecurity Executive Order to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Chris Krebs, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Infrastructure Protection, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Department of Homeland Security (Invited)
- Matt Barrett, Security Outreach and Integration Group Program Manager, Computer Security Division, NIST
- Grant Schneider, Acting Federal Chief Information Security Officer, Office of Management and Budget and Senior Director for Cybersecurity, National Security Council Staff, Executive Office of the President (Invited)
- Allen Friedman, Director of Cybersecurity Initiatives, National Telecommunications & Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
Moderator: Michael Scheimer, Senior Associate, Aerospace, Defense, and Government Services, Hogan Lovells
2:55 – 3:40 p.m. | Panel Discussion: Capitol Hill Outlook
Senior Hill staffers will discuss multi-jurisdictional approaches to cybersecurity policy, what’s next from Capitol Hill, and best practices for promoting cybersecurity awareness among policymakers.
- Cherilyn Pascoe, Professional Staff Member & Investigator, Chairman John Thune (R-SD), Senate Commerce Committee
- Madeline Matthews, Chairman John Ratcliffe (R-TX), House Committee on Homeland Security, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Protection
- Patrick Bailey, Chief Counsel for Governmental Affairs, Chairman Ron Johnson (R-WI), Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee
- Scott Glabe, Deputy General Counsel & Policy Director, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Moderator: Sarah Beth Jansen, Senior Director, Government Affairs & Policy Counsel, ITI
3:40 – 3:50 p.m. | Break
3:50-4:20 p.m. | Keynote
- Honorable Ron Johnson, Senator from the State of Wisconsin (Invited)
4:20 – 5 p.m. | Panel Discussion: Global Perspectives on Cybersecurity
Industry experts and key Administration officials will discuss far reaching global cybersecurity issues affecting industries worldwide.
- Jordana Siegal, Department of Homeland Security
- Adam Sedgewick, Senior Information Technology Policy Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce
- Stephan Jacobi, German Liasion Officer to the Department of U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Jamie Brown, Director, Global Government Relations, CA Technologies
Moderator: John Miller, Vice President, Global Policy & Law, Cybersecurity & Privacy, ITI
5 – 7 p.m. | Rooftop Cocktail Reception