About - Careers - Global Policy Spring 2018 Fellowship
Global Policy Spring 2018 Fellowship
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier voice, advocate, and thought leader for the global information and communications technology (ICT) industry. Our member companies include the world’s leading innovation companies, with headquarters worldwide and business networks distributed around the globe. We advocate on behalf of our members for policy and regulatory environments that enable innovation and maximize all of the benefits that ICT companies provide, including economic growth; job creation; and the tools to solve the world’s most pressing social, economic, and environmental challenges.
ITI is looking for a motivated candidate familiar with public policy, international affairs, and ICT policy to support members of ITI’s Global Policy (GP) team as a GP fellow. The fellow will perform the below duties as a key member of the ITI team, working closely with all staff, and will report to Josh Kallmer (Senior Vice President, Global Policy).
You will be paid at an hourly rate of $15/hour, subject to lawful withholdings and deductions, working for a maximum of 30 hours per week. The total duration of this fellowship will be five months (January 2017 – May 2017).
- Monitoring legislative and policy proposals in global markets, including but not limited to South America, Europe, India and the Asia-Pacific region;
- Analyzing issues and forming recommendations for action;
- Drafting fact sheets, position papers, letters, and other written materials for policymakers;
- Assisting in the drafting of strategic recommendations for ITI members;
- Composing regulatory alerts for ITI members; and,
- Compiling data and other research intensive projects.
- Currently enrolled in graduate degree program
- Knowledge of or interest in technology policy
- Knowledge of or interest in international affairs
- Diligent attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Expert computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Foreign language competency preferred but not necessary
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Evi Fuelle (email@example.com) by December 13, 2017.