About - Careers - Manager, Government Affairs
Manager, Government Affairs
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Manager, Government Affairs!
At ITI we advocate for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. Our members represent the entire spectrum of technology: from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
As the Manager of Government Affairs you will support the Government Affairs team with the implementation of ITI’s policy and advocacy strategy to advance the tech industry organization’s mission.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing discrete legislative issues and provide advocacy support to the Government Affairs team among the policy verticals of trade, tax, workforce and immigration, telecommunications, privacy, cybersecurity, and emerging tech, and other issues.
- Conducting legislative and regulatory analysis, track legislation, seek and compile member feedback, prepare bill redlines, and create bill comparison charts.
- Developing, populate, and manage special projects and materials, including comprehensive policy and political updates, policymaker correspondence, company footprint database, member surveys, and reports.
- Writing, curating, and distributing the Government Affairs weekly member newsletter and calendar.
- Managing outside consultants and interns to ensure coverage of congressional hearings and markups, as well as the drafting and distribution of summaries.
- Briefing and providing preparatory materials on Government Affairs issues for principals in advance of trips, Congressional hearings, and external events.
- Managing congressional hearing preparation including issue research, writing and editing congressional testimony, and drafting potential witness questions.
- Coordinating with ITI event staff to manage the monthly Government Affairs Committee meetings, internal and external policy roundtables, and organization-sponsored events.
- Supervising Government Affairs events planning by deconflicting events; confirming and coordinating logistics for guest speakers; driving and capturing member company RSVPs; and coordinating meeting space and catering logistics.
- Managing PAC database by tracking ITI political events and dollars raised; prepare ITI PAC updates; coordinate with outside counsel and internal registered lobbyists to review and verify submission of all ITI lobbying disclosure forms.
- Supervising the recruiting, hiring, programming, and day-to-day assignments of Government Affairs interns and fellows.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in political science, policy, business administration, or in a related field required.
- Strong analytical, writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years legislative, regulatory, or policy analysis experience within an agency, nonprofit, association, or legislative office.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Trusted team player with the demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced advocacy organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize competing priorities.
- Capability to learn public policy issues quickly, work independently and collaboratively on advocacy issues, and engage team members to facilitate successful results.
- Customer service oriented possessing tact, diplomacy, good judgment and discretion, and professionalism.
- Exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center
- A great work environment
- Much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.