About - Careers - Manager of Policy, Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory
Manager of Policy, Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Manager of Policy, Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory!
ITI is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI navigates the constantly changing relationships between policymakers, companies, and non-governmental organizations to promote creative policy solutions that advance the development and deployment of technology and the spread of digitization around the world.
As the Manger of Policy for Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory reporting to the Senior Director of Policy, Environment and Sustainability in Washington DC, you will engage programs and activities on behalf of the preeminent global companies in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector. As a key member of the ITI Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory team, the manager develops and advocates positions on domestic and international policies related to environmental priorities throughout the full product life-cycle.
You will also support ITI’s product sustainability engagement globally and, as appropriate, work with the ES&R Team to support broader sector initiatives on product priorities, including industry efforts to drive global alignment of product materials content regulations and regional electronics recycling programs.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing staff support for the ITI Product Stewardship Committee and Latin America Environmental Committee, and overall support to ITI’s Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory function.
- Providing thought leadership and support to leading IT companies in relation to established and emerging ES&R priorities across the full product life-cycle.
- Representing ITI as an expert and resource before domestic and international governments, business groups and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on association-formulated energy and environmental policy positions.
- Working closely with colleagues from the ITI Policy team, other ITI teams, and ITI member companies to anticipate emerging trends and craft responsive strategies in relation to product issues.
- Coordinating product ES&R policy and related life-cycle advocacy efforts with the ITI membership, allied trade associations and other stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in science, public policy, law, business, or a related field preferred.
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience on relevant policy issues, preferably in a trade association, business, advocacy or government setting. Prior information and communications technology (ICT) experience a plus.
- Experience working on the product ES&R issues identified above, whether or not in the ICT context.
- A good network of relationships in the ICT policy community in the United States and other global markets, including relationships with key government stakeholders for this issue portfolio.
- Ability to quickly understand, digest and communicate complex policy concepts to ITI colleagues, company representatives and policymaker audiences.
- Experience in government affairs and public policy, including industry affairs and coalition building.
- Fluency in multiple languages is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including public policy and political analysis.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Commitment, extreme professionalism and reliability.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- The ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines.
- Sound political judgement.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- A great work environment with an awesome team
- And, much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.