About - Careers - Senior Manager, Communications
Senior Manager, Communications
Department: Public Affairs
Reports to: Vice President, External Affairs
Location: Washington, DC
ITI seeks a communications professional with on-the-record experience to help develop and implement ITI’s communications strategy to advance the tech industry advocacy organization’s mission. This individual is responsible for handling the day-to-day responsibilities of ITI’s communications work, including media relations, media monitoring, and drafting and dissemination of public-facing content and issue-based communications materials for ITI members and external audiences. This role also manages the development and implementation of ITI’s digital content and strategy with oversight from the Vice President, External Affairs.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter, strong writer, and trusted team player with the demonstrated ability to lead media relations in a fast-paced advocacy organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports external affairs team to identify press opportunities and drive communications priorities.
- Serves as ITI’s media liaison and as a spokesperson.
- Helps facilitate media interviews and event planning and execution.
- Supports development of content including press releases, member communications, blog posts, and online content.
- Handles media monitoring and press list maintenance.
- Engages in research and content development for advocacy campaigns.
- Manages ITI's online presence, including websites and social media platforms.
- Works with team to update and communicate ITI’s internal communications policies and procedures.
- Provides writing, editing, and design support for e-vites, documents, and other various materials.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with other associations and communications professionals at member companies to coordinate on joint communications endeavors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Senior Manager, Communications must demonstrate:
- Strong writing and editing abilities and strong oral communication skills.
- Prior on-the-record media experience.
- Experience successfully pitching stories and responding to media requests.
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate complex policies and issues related to the tech industry.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to interact with senior executives.
- Experience with social media platforms and performance analytics.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (inDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator).
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years’ work experience in media or communications, preferably in a legislative, administrative, agency, or business setting. Experience in tech, policy, or advocacy communications a plus.