About - Careers - Senior Manager of Policy, Tax and Trade
Senior Manager of Policy, Tax and Trade
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Senior Manager of Policy, Tax and Trade!
ITI is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI navigates the constantly changing relationships between policymakers, companies, and non-governmental organizations to promote creative policy solutions that advance the development and deployment of technology and the spread of digitization around the world.
As the Senior Manager of Policy for Tax and Trade reporting to the Senior Director of Policy, Tax and Trade in Washington DC, you will drive ITI’s work on global tax policy issues and contribute to efforts on related international economic policy issues. You will influence global tax policy in a range of settings, including in the context of national measures to enact digital services taxes (DSTs) and the multilateral negotiations on international tax principles taking place in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). You will also influence trade policy in a wide range of settings, including U.S. and other bilateral and regional negotiations, and through direct government engagement on discrete barriers to services and digital trade. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter, strong writer, strategic thinker and trusted team player.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating closely and regularly with ITI member companies and colleagues to articulate an overall strategic approach to ITI’s global tax policy priorities and to execute specific actions in furtherance of that approach.
- Drawing on past tax policy experience, especially in relation to global tax policy, to develop and execute strategies that advance ITI member company interests in the face of increasing numbers of national DSTs and other targeted taxation measures.
- Driving ITI’s contributions to the negotiations taking place in the OECD, in an effort to bring about a sustainable multilateral policy solution to international tax policy issues relating to digitization.
- Contributing to ITI efforts on related and other trade policy issues, including discrete barriers to services and digital trade, bilateral and regional free trade agreements (FTAs), and trade actions taken at the WTO or under U.S. Section 301 authority.
- Working closely with ITI’s Government Relations team to build and deploy Congressional support for ITI’s global tax and trade policy priorities, and with ITI’s Public Affairs team to amplify industry positions in the press and to other external audiences.
- Leading efforts among industry associations, and representing ITI and its member companies, in public settings to advance ITI’s tax and trade policy priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in international relations, public policy, law, business, or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience developing and implementing successful tax and/or trade policy strategies, for example through positions in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, or on the tax or trade policy staffs of committees of the U.S. Congress (or comparable positions in other economies).
- A good network of tax and trade policy-related contacts, in the United States and multiple additional markets.
- International experience, including cultural sensitivity and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with non-native English speakers.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including public policy and political analysis.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Commitment, extreme professionalism and reliability.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, and ability to effectively communicate complex policy matters to a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines.
- Sound political judgement.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- A great work environment with an awesome team
- And, much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.